Kendal At Oberlin Notice to All Visitors: Effective 4/9/2021
As the pandemic continues, visits to the Kendal at Oberlin campus remain controlled. If you have a family member or dear friend who lives at Kendal, you do have the opportunity to visit your loved ones. These visits must be scheduled in advance, are limited in duration, and will take place in designated indoor locations. All visitors are asked to wear a mask anywhere on our campus until in a resident’s cottage or apartment and given permission for removal, if vaccinated. In addition, maintain a safe physical distance (6 feet) in shared spaces of our campus. An important note: If you are traveling from a COVID-19 “hot spot,” you may be asked to postpone your visit.
To check on the status of the area you are traveling from:
- Counties in the State of Ohio – Ohio Department of Health COVID Advisory System
- National map – from GlobalEpidemics.org
It continues to be our goal is to keep our community safe from the virus, and to maintain the health and well-being of all residents and staff. Thank you for your partnership in making the safety of our community a priority.
Please note: Because CDC guidelines discourage the use of masks for children under the age of two, all visitors to the Kendal campus, must be over the age of two years.
Visits to Residents of the Stephens Care Center
Stephens Care Center (SCC) Resident Room Visits
Kendal at Oberlin is excited to offer family and friends opportunity to visit with their vaccinated Stephens Care Center resident. The Health Screening process is a bit longer than with our previous outdoor visitation and our indoor with Plexiglas visitation opportunities. Please have patience with us as we adjust to a new routine.
The Ohio Department of Health is allowing 2 visitors per household to visit 1 vaccinated SCC resident a day in the resident’s room. We will be offering 4 days a week visitation in vaccinated resident rooms. When using the Sign-Up Genius, please indicate vaccination and covid-19 testing for each visitor. The vaccinated resident to be visited is listed as Resident “A”, “B”, “C”, etc. All the information per visitor is required by the Ohio Department of Health, for us to maintain and report at our infection control survey.
- Family and Friends may visit with vaccinated SCC residents in their room.
- Visits can last up to 1 hour and 30 mins.
- Visits will be offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Visitors do not have to be vaccinated to visit with vaccinated SCC residents.
- Visitors who are fully vaccinated will be required to wear a surgical/procedural mask.
- Visitors who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a KN95 mask and goggles.
- Visitors who are not fully vaccinated will be required to complete a COVID-19 Test before visitation.
- Kendal will provide the required PPE upon your visit.
- Visitors are to be escorted to and from SCC resident room.
- Visitors are prohibited from visiting with other residents while in the Stephens Care Center.
- Visitors must remain in the visiting room until escort arrives to take visitor exit the the Stephens Care Center.
- SCC residents who are in quarantine are not able receive visitors.
- Visitors should check their county contagion rate prior to visitation. Go to Global Epidemics to check the status of your county. If it is at a level 4, you will not be able to visit.
What might cancel in room visitations with vaccinated residents?
- Unvaccinated residents, if the COVID-19 county positivity rate is greater than 10 percent and less than 70 percent of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions; or
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met the criteria for release from quarantine.
CDC Recommends: Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
Please note that the visits in the Stephens Care Center are subject to change at any moment due to: COVID case status in the surrounding area; COVID case status at Kendal at Oberlin; staffing levels; access to testing; Personal Protective Equipment supplies; and local hospital capacity.
If you do schedule a visit with an SCC resident, please make sure you have talked with that resident to assure they are available and expecting to see you. We also ask to please allow families to reserve their visit times first.
You may call 440-935-0542, the visitation mobile phone, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays when you arrive for your visit or if you need assistance with SignUpGenius. Our Visitor Liaisons are Delaney Kelly or Tammy Sladewski.
Thank you in advance for extending patience and grace to our staff as we resume indoor visitation, and thank you, too, for your cooperation and understanding.
Visiting Residents of Cottages and Apartments (Independent Living)
Family and friends of cottage or apartment residents can now visit in cottages and apartments, as well in the Penn Dining Room. These visits need to be scheduled in advance.
Planning a Visit to a Resident Cottage or Apartment:
Step 1: Contact your friend or family member to plan a visit to Kendal.
Step 2: The resident will send you information by email, including information about visiting Kendal, a form (pass) for you to print and complete prior to your arrival and information about preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Step 3: On arrival, the gate attendant will take your completed form and record your temperature. You may then procced to the resident cottage or apartment.
Cottage or apartment visits can last up to 5 hours. Visits in the Penn can last up to one hour, with 30 minutes for sanitizing and airing the space. The resident will schedule a time to reserve the room.
Please plan to wear a mask and maintain a safe physical distance of at least 6 feet at all times while in public spaces at Kendal, including the Penn dining room. Masking inside a cottage or apartment will be at the discretion of the resident.
Important Note: If a visitor is not vaccinated, the resident will contact you in 5 days to ask if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. During those 5 days, they will limit personal contact with other residents until they can confirm that their unvaccinated visitor is symptom-free.
You can download a site plan that shows the locations of the parking lot and the Penn Dining Room.
Check out the most recent updates that residents receive regarding COVID-19 procedures.