Friends, Food and Fun
Is enjoying dinner with friends one of your favorite ways to stay connected? Conversation shared over a fine meal is always a pleasure. The restaurants at Kendal hum with activity at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Daily menus offer a range of choices to suit a variety of tastes and preferences.
Dining Options on Campus
Flexible dining plans are included with all residence agreements, and there is even a meal credit if residents are away from campus 14 or more consecutive days. Three main dining rooms serve both residents and staff, as well as friends and family:
The Fox & Fell Dining Room offers a choice of buffet or waited table service. It’s open for dinner Monday through Saturday, and for Sunday Brunch. Holiday menus will feature classic fare, as well as special dishes from the culinary team. You can also bring a bottle of wine to share with friends at the table.
The Langston Dining Room is casual dining with a variety of options. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu offerings are complemented by a full salad bar, homemade soups, made-to-order sandwiches, and freshly baked pizza. In between regular meal service, stop by the Langston for coffee and snacks with friends.
The Friends Corner Dining Room is located in the Stephens Care Center and offers the same menu selections as Kendal’s other main dining venues. It’s conveniently located for care center residents, but all residents are welcome – just as all residents are welcome in any Kendal at Oberlin dining area.
Residents of the Stephens Care Center can also enjoy a casual made-to-order breakfast in the Country Kitchen, or a family-style dinner in the Jameson House kitchen/dining space. You’ll feel right at home in either location.
A summer-time favorite during harvest season is the Farmers Market on Friday afternoons, where residents and staff can purchase fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables. Chef Scott and his team use locally-grown produce in daily menu items as much as possible, depending on the season.
Additional Dining Features
- Special events include the annual picnic, anniversary dinner, Robert Burns dinner, special holiday meals and more.
- Family and friends are welcome
- Vegan/Vegetarian menu offerings
- Menu identifies gluten-free and lower-sodium items
- Plenty of “always available options” – with a little advance notice
- Catering for private events and meetings
- Nutrition information is posted for many menu items
- Executive chef on staff
- Community Nutritionist/Registered Dietitian on staff
- Select grocery items can be ordered and purchased as needed.
- Carry out meals, box lunches and meal delivery during weather emergencies