Kendal Northern Ohio
Kendal Northern Ohio was established as a nonprofit 501(C)(3) Corporation in 2003 with the primary purpose to support the missions of Kendal at Oberlin and Kendal Community Outreach of Northern Ohio, LLC. Kendal Northern Ohio’s Mission is to develop innovative services in aging which complement those of existing organizations, encouraging synergy of programs, and ensuring operations, and the separation of operations and finances. It supports its entities through research, planning and advising, fundraising, and new program development to the Kendal Community.
As the “Outreach Arm” of Kendal, Kendal Northern Ohio has contributed to the following Program Service Outcomes:
- Kendal Community Outreach of Northern Ohio, LLC was launched in 2009 to provide Home Healthcare Services and Personal Care Services to Seniors living in Lorain and Cuyahoga Counties in partnership with Ohio Living (formerly known as Senior Independence).
- Kendal at Oberlin, a Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) has been providing services to Residents since 1993. Kendal at Oberlin is accredited by CARF and has been identified as a 5-Star Rated Nursing Home by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Kendal Northern Ohio also acts as a Fiscal Agent for the Oberlin CLT (a Community Land Trust) seeking “To strengthen diversity and grow communities by holding land in trust for permanently affordable, sustainable housing, home ownership, and other community needs”.
- Kendal’s Early Learning Center is a Partner Agency and on the Steering Committee of the OberlinKids Collaborative that was established by the United Way of Lorain County. Recently, Kendal Northern Ohio has agreed to act as the Lead Agency and Fiscal Sponsor for this initiative.
- Kendal is a leader in the field of Aging Services and has been instrumental in supporting both the National and State Associations through staff leadership.
- Kendal actively contributes and engages in Community Events such as the “Walk to End Alzheimer’s”, Oberlin Business Partnership and various other initiatives.
- Kendal is committed to Social Responsibility providing leadership in the greater community through service on other nonprofit Boards.
If you have any questions about Kendal Northern Ohio, please contact Barbara Thomas, Chief Executive Officer.