A Kendal senior living career is more than just a job; it’s a rewarding way to grow creatively and intellectually. Kendal at Oberlin offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a beautiful natural setting with over 100 acres of trees (licensed arboretum), ponds, wetlands, and walkways where friendly relationships between residents and employees are established and flourish. Founded with Quaker principles since our opening in 1993, Kendal at Oberlin is a vital and growing Life Plan Community welcoming older adults of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, secular, and religious backgrounds. Kendal at Oberlin requires staff to be vaccinated and boosted for COVID and influenza.
Kendal offers career opportunities in a variety of fields
- Human Resources
- Social Service
- Recreation Therapy
- Early Education
Our Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid: Vacations, Sick Days, Holidays, Personal Days
- Retirement Plans: Defined Benefit Plan and Defined Contribution Plan with Kendal match
- On-site Nationally Accredited Preschool with Intergenerational Programming
- Eligibility for the national Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- College Tuition Bonus Program
- Fitness Center with Pool and Workout Equipment Room
- Winter Storm Days- Employees can bring their young school- aged children when school close due to severe winter weather
New Faces at the Front Desk
Often, the first people you see when visit Kendal at Oberlin are the friendly staff at the reception desk at the main entrance. New staff members are happy to greet…
Kendal’s Director of Nursing Recognized
Kendal at Oberlin’s Director of Nursing, Beth Stewart, was recognized at the annual meeting of Friends Services Alliance on Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
Kendal at Oberlin’s Commitment to Diversity
Kendal is committed to our values of equality, mutual respect, and integrity call us to become more culturally inclusive. We will increase our efforts to attract and involve aging individuals from the greater communities around us. Our most recent Strategic Plan makes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging a primary focus for our entire community.
Using our resources and talents to grow diversity and inclusiveness among our residents, employees, and Board, we believe Kendal at Oberlin will thrive in greater ways to be a vital place for older adults to live and for employees to work in harmony and purpose.
Spirit of Inclusion and a Culture of Diversity
This video from The Kendal Corporation illustrates the organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.