What is the Cost of Independent Living at Kendal at Oberlin?
It’s common that one of the first questions people have about any community is “How much does it cost?” But there should be more questions to follow. What factors cause the fees to vary? What services and amenities are included in those fees? And which services will cost more? Once you have the answers to all these questions, then you’ll be better equipped to compare the costs for the lifestyle option you are considering.
Is Kendal at Oberlin a Good Financial Fit For You?
Answer 7 simple questions to see if Kendal at Oberlin is an affordable option for you. Our financial calculator, powered by MyLifeSite, will give you a very preliminary overview of affordability for independent living in our lifeplan community.
You will be asked to provide a name and email address to receive your personal report.
Contractual Agreements Overview
Kendal at Oberlin offers a range of contractual agreements for residents moving to cottages and apartments. Provided here is a general overview of those agreements. For more detailed information, please contact the Admissions Office, 1-800-548-9469.
- Both entry and monthly fees are based on the type of contract, the type and size of accommodation and whether single or double occupancy.
- Sizes of homes range from a studio efficiency apartment (482 square feet, single occupancy only) to a large two-bedroom+den deluxe cottage (1,874 square feet), with several floor plans in between.
- The standard contract offers declining entry fee refundability for up to 50 months of occupancy, or there are 50% and 90% refund options available for an additional cost on the entry fee.
- All residence agreements include the occupancy of a cottage or apartment as long as a resident can live safely in the space, and access to our on-site long-term care services when needed. This includes Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing.
- The lifecare Platinum agreement includes all of these advanced care services at no additional cost to you over what you would pay if you remained in your original cottage or apartment.
Types of Residence, Care Agreements & Rates
Rates effective January 1, 2021:
Platinum – is the traditional, comprehensive life plan agreement that Kendal at Oberlin has offered for many years. This agreement includes a full range of residential and long term health care services within the structure of the entry fee and monthly fee. This approach offers predictable fees regardless of changes in one’s health care needs. It also provides coverage for a variety of wellness and rehabilitative services.
|PLATINUM PLAN||Entry Fee Range||Monthly Fee Range|
|Single Occupancy||$105,309* to $497,176||$3,068 to $6,162|
|Double Occupancy||$229,257 to $575,176||$5,458 to $8,204|
Gold – is a modified agreement designed to complement an established long term care insurance policy. This agreement features a discount on the entry fee that varies with the benefit period of the resident’s insurance policy. The resident agrees to maintain the long term care insurance policy and there is a period of time (1, 3 or 5 years) when the resident is billed the discounted prevailing daily rate for nursing care services. During this time, the resident is responsible for expenses not covered by the long term care insurance benefit.
|GOLD PLAN||Entry Fee Range||Monthly Fee Range|
|Single Occupancy||$45,309* to $475,176||$3,068 to $6,162|
|Double Occupancy||$141,557 to $538,676||$5,458 to $8,204|
* Note: Studio accommodations are offered for single occupancy only.
What’s Included in the Plans?
Monthly fees for residents in cottages and apartments include a flexible meal plan, most utilities, basic cable, campus-wide WiFi service, housekeeping, maintenance and limited local transportation. For details on all that’s included in the monthly fees, you can request our Cost Comparison Worksheet. Residents must maintain, at their expense, Medicare A&B or equivalent coverage, as well as prescription insurance.
Fee Information for Direct Admissions to the Stephens Care Center
Fees for residents who begin their Kendal experience in the Stephens Care Center are typically based on a daily rate for services and depend on the level of care provided to the resident. A professional assessment helps determine the service level pricing. Daily fees include all meals, assistance with activities of daily living, dietary consultation, linen service, and social/recreational programming. In addition, a limited number of lifecare agreements are offered for assisted living residents. To learn more about these options and about direct admission to our assisted living or skilled nursing care, contact Laurie Dupee, Director of Community Outreach, at 440-935-0574.
Free Guide: Straight Talk – Financial Facts for Choosing a Retirement Community
Learn about financial considerations to help you evaluate a life plan community!