Kendal Offers a Variety of Options for Living Independently
Kendal at Oberlin offers both cottages and apartments for independent living. Floor plans range from a studio-style efficiency, up to a two-bedroom with den deluxe with two full baths (over 1,800 square feet). We are in the process of updating our classic cottages, adding bright open kitchens, extended living room space with vaulted ceilings and new geothermal heating and cooling systems.
Our campus includes 107 beautiful acres, with ponds and wetlands, walking trails, and more.
Residential Services and Amenities
- Eat-in kitchen and appliances
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Storage space connected to each residence
- Fire safety and emergency call systems
- Bi-weekly housekeeping service, weekly linen service
- All utilities except telephone and internet
- Basic cable TV package
- Washers and dryers in cottages; centrally located washers/dryers for apartments
Moving to a smaller, more manageable home can be a challenge.
Download our FREE guide for downsizing tips.
Community Services and Facilities
- Security and maintenance of all buildings and grounds
- Paved paths and/or covered walkways
- Area pick-up of disposables and recycling
- Lighted parking areas
- Individual mailboxes in community center; message service at reception desk
- Full service bank with automatic teller machine
- Limited local transportation
- Use of all community facilities including auditorium, lounges, library, outdoor and indoor exercise and recreational facilities, craft areas, garden plots, and fitness center including swimming pool and tennis courts
- Flexible meal plan, with one meal for each day of the month; other meals at additional charge
- Waited service in the Fox & Fell dining room or cafeteria service in the Langston Express
- All three meals included for health center residents
- Private dining room and catering available for special occasions